Agenda 2023 coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading "Call for Papers - SMART GRIDS 2023".
- An overview of the recent FERC action on advanced transmission technologies and storage
- Recent actions on transmission planning, cost allocation, and generator interconnection
Electricity Consumers Resource Council
- Enhancing DER coordination using TE pricing with best-practice rate design and platform automation
- Aim to reduce costs and further promote both customer engagement and equitable utility ratemaking
- Customer-specific pricing, including rate design to increase market incentives and streamline DER usage
- Benefits such as Consumer/Export @ Current Price, Flexible DER adjustments, Fixed Price Subscriptions, etc.
Willdan Group, Inc.
- Challenges of EV adoption in rural areas, areas with marginal utility power, and disaster preparedness
- Introducing a unique mobile EV charging solution with patented hybrid battery energy storage systems
- Practical economic and environmental advantages afforded to individuals, fleet managers, and governments
Moser Energy Systems
- The steps needed to develop and plan for EV charging systems, DER, and microgrids for EV charging facilities
- Looking at the challenges faced by EV fleets in managing reliability, rapid fleet growth, and space limitations
- With more strain on the grid, how can wireless charging technologies help to support EV charging infrastructure?
- Challenges of EV adoption in rural areas with marginal utility power and seasonal peaks – is mobile EV charging a solution?
Michael Boswell | Concord Engineering
Bill Castor | Moser Energy Systems
- Maximizing charging – while minimizing energy demand – throughout the day while loading/unloading
- Discussion on powering the grid with V2G and reducing grid demand by powering vehicles with V2V
- Looking at ways to reduce demand on the grid without sacrificing efficiency, resulting in increased TCO
- Integration of EV charging will likely require significant new investment in electrical distribution systems
- Integration of localized micro-grids can be designed to ease electrical demand and delivery congestion
- The gas distribution companies have the infrastructure and hydrogen-natural gas fuels for transportation
Concord Engineering Group, Inc.
- Innovative research-based advanced methodologies for microgrid modelling
- Understanding the Mixed-Integer programming approach and case study
- Expertise to work within the stringent requirements of the field with a proven track record
- The solutions pass security and compliance audits such as NERC-CIP, WECC, and many more
- Works with the customers to design and implement secure, compliant, and scalable solutions
DynTek Services, Inc
- Brief Evolution of SEPs: From inception to the smartphone wars to connected vehicles - is Smart Grid technology next?
- Building a SEP portfolio in the Smart Grid space
- Best practices for interacting with standard-setting organizations
- SEP licensing and litigation considerations for the Smart Grid space
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C.
- Equity issues in air pollution exposure vs. consumption in California
- Understanding an equitable transition for renewables
Pardee RAND Graduate School
- An overview of smart local energy markets (SLEMs): Challenges and potential solutions
- Looking at the national and international drivers for such market change in the utility industry
- Economics, models for transactive, peer-to-peer, and community self-consumption in this context
The Energy Coalition
- Major attacks compromising availability, confidentiality, and integrity of grid network
- Aftereffects of cyber-attacks and vulnerability analysis of the grid infrastructure
- Ways to build smart, resilient cyber-secure microgrids and results from case study
West Texas A&M University
- AI-Driven software for massively scaling energy storage - and for greater penetration of renewables
- No need to choose a use case - an Intelligent EMS can optimize multiple use cases at the same time
- Flexible, modular software can grow and adapt to the ever-changing energy markets conveniently
- Understanding the need for thermal conductivity, and the benefits of CoolPoly®
- Celanese product portfolio for CoolPoly® and thermally conductive plastics
- Heat transfer with CoolPoly® and the company's support model for CoolPoly®
- Looking at the technology of computational fluid dynamics thermal simulations
- As an asset deteriorates, a breakdown in material emits a partial discharge indicating potential future issues
- Equipping garbage vehicles with PD sensors, data can be gathered without utilities rolling their service trucks
- Analytics of the data obtained will enable predictive maintenance and improve the resiliency of the grid system
SAS Institute Inc
Key topics for 2023:
- Market fundamentals for power systems and grid infrastructure
Understand the economic fundamentals of control, distribution, and bulk power grid planning and operations.
- New advancements in power generation, storage, and integration
Evaluate the flexibility of power systems for energy storage and grid integration with renewables and other Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
- Engineering know-how in grid transformation and power utilization
Assess the technical and operational aspects of distribution grid transformation and the current and future state for smarter energy usage.
- Supporting the industry through energy policies and development
Be the first to hear about regulatory, technology, and utility experiences. Review the ongoing initiatives and assess the benefits.
- Distribution automation, advanced monitoring, and cybersecurity
Explore the latest advances in technology solutions for real-time awareness, cyber resiliency, and rapid restoration through digitization.
- Grid reliability, resiliency, and efficiency across North America
Scope out new opportunities for improving grid reliability using an array of technologies to make grids more efficient.
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities